Richard is Head of the Employment and Benefits Department in BHSM LLP. Richard has significant experience acting for employers and employees in contentious and non-contentious matters regarding all aspects of the employment relationship, including obligations, rights and entitlements arising under employment legislation. This includes the provision of advice to clients in respect of employee grievances, workplace investigations, disciplinary issues, employment equality issues, redundancies and industrial relations matters, together with employment law disputes that come before the Workplace Relations Commission and the Courts.
Richard also leads a Commercial litigation team in BHSM LLP. In this capacity, he advises commercial clients in wide ranging, high value and complex High Court and Commercial Court cases. These include High Court actions for breach of contract. He advises insolvency practitioners in Liquidations and Examinerships. He advises lending institutions in breach of undertakings, professional negligence actions and high value enforcement and debt recovery claims. He also advises lending institutions in the enforcement of mortgage security and in the area of Receiverships in Ireland. He regularly acts for lending institutions and credit servicing firms in Personal Insolvency matters before the Circuit Court and High Court.
Educational and Professional Status:
· Bachelor of Laws (LLB), National University of Ireland, Galway
· Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
· Certificate in Commercial Contracts, Law Society of Ireland
· Advanced Diploma in Applied Employment Law, The Honourable Society of Kings Inns
· Certificate in Immigration Law & Practice, Law Society of Ireland
· Member of Law Society of Ireland, Employment Law Association of Ireland and Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners